IO members are invited to nominate candidates from their organisations for the 2021-23 Chair-elect of the 5G Roaming Lab. The nominations should have a working understanding of the specific dynamics behind 5G Roaming NSA and SA. The role requires someone willing to lead a high visibility, dynamic working group who must be willing to present and promote the work of the lab as required for its success, at conferences, in interviews, towards the press, on social media as required by the IO board.
The nominations process for the Chair-elect of the 5GRL is as follows:
- This notice is the call for nominations and is located on the IO website.
- All IO members are invited to nominate as many individuals as they wish, including themselves. Members can make nominations by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The IO Boards are also invited to nominate candidates.
- In addition to receiving nominations, IO may actively seek qualified candidates.
- Each nominee should submit a one-page biographical statement and a separate head-and-shoulders photograph by Sept 1st
- Between Sept 7th and 14th the members will meet to recommend one or more candidates to become chair and another to become deputy chair of 5GRL.
The role of the chair
The Chair accepts responsibility for seeing that the Lab performs and completes its work. Thus he/she plans, oversees, and leads:
- Meeting schedule and delivery
- the chair must be present in each Lab and the Lab can only be opened and closed by the chair or deputy chair if they are not available.
- working with the IO Director, deputy chair and lab secretary to ensure members are briefed etc.
- The development of the work of the Lab, including:
- to create the scope of work and main objectives of the Lab according to the lab members
- the allocation of work to members and other subsidiary bodies (as appropriate)
- the allocation of time for each task (e.g. for the discussion of an agenda item)
- allowing all the diverse members of the lab to have agenda time to raise issues and concerns
- presenting and promoting the work of the lab as required for its success, at conferences, in interviews, towards the press, on social media as required by the board
- The execution of the work of the lab, whereby he/she:
- initiates debate on each agenda item
- ensures that the debate is orderly
- allows adequate time for debate and informal consultations
- initiates decision-making
- delegates work if needed
- ensures that results are recorded
- ensures the delivery of the specific scope and objectives of the group